SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Bucket List: Andrew O'Grady

I try not to think about the distant future and the facts that come with growing old. However, a bucket list can also be considered what you want to complete in your life. This has made me consider what I want in the future. My goals fall into three categories: Personal, Education, and Career.

 

The first goal that comes to mind when I think of things I want to do is to marry my fiancĂ©e. We have been together for over five years as of 2023. I hope to travel the world with her and take the road trip we discussed, where we drive through every state in America. Eventually, I would like for us to get some land and build a house with a shop. When that works out, I one day hope to build her a 1967 Chevy Impala that she has wanted for years. 

 

The following goals that come to mind are based on my education. I want to finish my bachelor's degree at Southern Arkansas University. After that, it is in my best interest to gain work experience before I pursue further education. I want to get my welding inspection license and shoot for at least a master's degree. 

 

Lastly, my goals that relate to my career. I have spent many years welding and got an associate’s of applied science in welding. I am now pursuing a degree in engineering and hope to end up in a career where I can combine my previous experience and current studies. I hope to find a job where I can support myself and continue to learn. I love making things work or work more efficiently, and I hope to help improve the company that I end up at.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment