SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, September 25, 2023

Bucket List: Haylee Smith

Thinking so far into the future usually makes me sad because I just constantly think of all the responsibilities that come along with getting older. However, I need to realize sooner or later that not all things are bad about growing up. For example, I can cross things off of my bucket list as I get older. 

My first bucket list item would be to graduate college and get a degree in Marine Biology. I’ve wanted to be a marine biologist since I was in 8th grade, so it would be really rewarding to prove to my younger self that I did it. 

My second bucket list item is to move to a different state. I want to buy a house somewhere near the ocean, because it would be convenient for my job as a marine biologist. I’m leaning towards Florida at the moment. 

For my third bucket list item, I want to buy/adopt an Australian Shepherd, a dog breed I’ve always wanted but have never been able to have. 

Another bucket list item would be to start scuba diving in my free time when I get my house near the ocean. I’m sure I’ll be out in the water a decent amount as a marine biologist, but I’d also like to go out and dive on my own time and just look at the cool scenery. 

Lastly, I want to travel. A lot. I want to visit every continent, besides Antarctica because I’m sure it’ll be hard to get there. In addition to visiting every continent, I want to go to Hawaii and Alaska. In Hawaii I want to go to the beautiful beaches that I’ve seen online. In Alaska, I want to see the Northern lights. 



No comments:

Post a Comment