SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Bucket List: Melody Raymick

 Recently, I have gotten the chance to travel to and through numerous cities and states, enhancing my love of travel. First, I would like to explore Arkansas more. I have been to a lot of different places in Arkansas, but I want to better educate myself with the state I live in by exploring more cities and areas in our beautiful "Natural State". In addition, I want to travel to all 50 states in the U.S.. One place I have been to is Disney World in Orlando, Florida. I have been twice, and it has been some of my favorite trips ever. Going again, especially with a family of my own, is definitely an adventure I want to take. Hopefully, traveling will bring other opportunities, such as meeting a famous person or introducing new goals and bucket list items. 

I also enjoy adrenaline filled activities, such as rollercoaster rides. I have been on many rollercoasters, but there are other adrenalized activities I would like to try. I would also take the chance to go skydiving if possible. I have wanted to try ziplining for many years. 

Although less exciting, I believe it would be an interesting experience. I have wanted to ride on a hot air balloon for many years as well. A similar enjoyable activity would be to go to a big lantern festival. As seen in many movies and shows, especially Tangled, this has always left me intrigued. 

Finally, but not limited to, I want to go scuba diving one day. The ocean is full of unknowns, especially to the general public, and I would love to see and explore it. 

As anyone can see, I love traveling and adventure, and I hope to accomplish plenty in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment