SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, September 25, 2023

Bucket List: Jayla Carter

 Bucket lists have been a widely used practice that people from all different walks of life have used for years to plan their futures or fantasize about their dreams to their heart’s content. As for me, I can remember younger me wanting to work hard to have my own penthouse in New York, but I have bigger dreams now.


For me, I have always wanted to go above and beyond. I am an overachiever if you would like to put it that way, so the first item on my bucket list is to create a new patent. I want to make a new way to charge electric car batteries faster and more efficiently because that is the world we are progressing into, and as an engineer, I will have the opportunity to help shape the future. However, before I work that far, I need to graduate Summa Cum Laude with a bachelor’s in engineering. Luckily, SAU has an internship portion of the degree plan that will help me graduate with experience.


The next item on my bucket list would be to get out of the Golden Triangle and the South. I want to see the world that the Lord took his time to beautifully create. Although I have been to ten states, I have never been to a beach or seen a toucan. There is so much world around me, and how am I supposed to see it if I stay in Arkansas or the United States? When I travel, the first place I want to go is Santorini, Greece. I want to see the architecture and take a picture with a long, flowing dress on over the “White City.” Once I get done with all of that, I want to eat a different cuisine on a black sand beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment