SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Bucket List: Morgan Sharp

 As a young adult, there is much I look forward to accomplishing in my life. I would like to travel while I’m young instead of waiting for retirement. I want to travel to as many countries as possible, especially after getting to know my tennis teammates from all across the world. I also have a good friend in France that I would like to visit soon. I want to visit the Louvre to see famous artwork that I have only ever seen on a screen. I’ve always wanted to visit Italy and Greece since I was young. 

After college I want to get married and have a family. I hope to live on a good plot of land because I believe having a little distance from your neighbors will protect your peace. I also have a “book bucket list” of books I want to read, even though that list keeps expanding, and I want to read the Bible from front to back as an adult. 

I hope to see a couple of concerts of bands I like, even if most of my favorites have passed away now. I also would like to get my doctorate and become a child psychologist. I would like to have my own practice somewhere in the North Texas/Dallas area so that I am still close to my family. I would like to conduct my own research study and maybe even write a book one day. 

On a smaller note, I would like to go to the Crystal Bridges art museum in Bentonville, AR. I went to the Dallas Museum of Art for my last birthday and I would like to visit more art museums and other museums. Growing up in the Dallas area I was exposed to many different types of museums, but there are still some I have yet to visit like the Sixth Floor Museum, the Holocaust Museum, the Wax Museums, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment