SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Bucket List: Harrison Vann

 

A “Bucket List”, in simple terms, is a list of things someone wants to accomplish before they die. It is supposed to encourage people to pursue goals that may give them happiness or peace before they die. To be blunt, however, my bucket list does not involve anything that may be typically exciting, but rather achievements that are meaningful to me. Accomplishments that give me fulfillment. It doesn’t matter if my list is boring or dull, it matters that I pursue these goals for my sake and not anyone else’s.  

My first goal is to learn how to play an instrument. I love music and I want to learn to play music for myself. Instruments I have thought of picking up would be the violin, guitar, and piano. I love listening to the music these instruments make, and I want to be able to make music like that too.  

My second goal is to earn a career that I want to pursue. All my life I have been listening to what everyone else wants me to be, but I never asked myself what I truly wanted to be. So, I want to find a career that I want to do because it’s my choice and that I enjoy it. 

My last goal is to start a family. I’m not sure why, but I’ve always wanted to have a family of my own. I always wanted to have a wife and kids I could support and care for. I pray that God chooses to bless me with this dream of mine.   

Although my list isn’t very extravagant, it is still important to me. If I could accomplish, at the very least, my last goal, I know I could die a happy man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment