SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, September 25, 2023

Bucket List: Aidan Thacker

I was raised on games be those card games, board games, or video games and now that I am in college, I can pursue my dream career as a game developer. I still have some goals for college before I graduate from Southern Arkansas University (SAU) that I would put on my bucket list. I applying at Obsidian Studios for an internship this summer, I would also love to study aboard, and finally get my degree. I may be a junior, but I believe I can accomplish these goals and cross off three things on my bucket list.

Once I graduate from SAU, I want to work at Bethesda Studios on their franchise the Elder Scrolls. The next Elder Scrolls game will get released around 2028, so I want to try my best to get accepted and be able to work on that project. After playing Skyrim in 2013, I knew I wanted to make video games for people to enjoy. That is why I am here at SAU, and as Dr. Parks said about gaining an advantage over others by joining the Honors College should make me stand out when I apply to Bethesda.

Also, after my graduation I am going to explore Europe and Asia. My high school friends and I plan to take a graduation trip somewhere. We are currently looking at Japan. I also plan to leave my home state of Arkansas. I know others love Arkansas, but I want to see the world and do not want to stay in this state forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment