SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, September 25, 2023

Bucket List: Maelee Player

 My bucket list starts off pretty obviously by graduating college. As of now, my plan is to graduate with my bachelor's degree in Exercise Science and then get into a Doctor of Physical Therapy program. My ultimate scholarly goal, to be honest, is to be able to finish all of my schooling debt free. 

Moving on to my personal goals, I would love to get married and be a mom. Being a mom and wife is something I have dreamed of since I was a kid. I truly am excited for this time of life that I hope is coming up. 

The biggest item on my bucket list is to travel. My mom always said that I have a gypsy heart; she was very right in this since. I’m always daydreaming about my next adventure, whether that be to a national park across the country or to a castle across the world. 

I find true beauty within God’s Creation: nature. I love being able to see all spectra of nature, and it is one of my goals to be able to witness firsthand every biome we have on this beautiful planet. Probably the place I want to go the most is Egypt. I grew up watching Egyptian movies and reading books on Egyptian mythology, so I think it would be the coolest thing to visibly see these things we only hear about in stories or see in pictures. 

Finally, I hope to be able to live my life with as little what ifs and regrets as possible and just keep looking forward to what God has planned for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment