SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Friday, September 29, 2023

Bucket List: Cody Low

 My bucket list consists of 8 items. I would be content to achieve the first 4. I have listed them in terms of priority so that I can easily keep track of my progress and keep myself accountable.


    Firstly, I would love to graduate and land a good job in the engineering field. If able, I would want to pursue a career in mechanical engineering with an emphasis in propulsion systems. After establishing myself, I would love to start an engineering firm or an aerospace company in the propulsion systems field.

 
    My second goal is to get married by age 30  and soon after start a family. The main purpose of those goals is to glorify God, love them, and allow them to enjoy the fruits of my labor. I would love to raise kids and educate them with a proper upbringing. 


    The third item is for me to take care of my family members financially. Although adults should be financially responsible on their own, I would love to lessen the financial burdens of my parents and my sibling. 


Fourthly, I would love to return the favors that have been given to me along the way. Many people have been kind to me and my family; in turn, I would make it my responsibility to help these people and spread their kindness even further. 


    Lastly, there are 3 items I would love to achieve. I would love to read 700 books in 10 years; The purpose is for self-growth and self-reflection. Also, I would love to invent something. This is so that I leave the world better than it is. The last of the items is to plan and build something from scratch. I would love to experience the proceedings involved as a whole in building something from nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment