SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Yu, Allyson: Bucket List

-->
If asked a year ago to create a bucket list, I would have easily made what I consider the “Stereotypical Bucket List” which consists of events such as traveling through Europe or skydiving. Since then, however, I have achieved most of these adventures, and yes, I want to graduate, have a family and change someone’s life, but instead, the obstacle for me now is to create a bucket list of adventures specific to myself. 

                  To begin with, I consider myself a diverse artist. Musically, although I can still play, I want to be able to play the cello at the same level of difficulty I could a couple years ago. In the dance field, to choreograph a music video for an alternative artist would be a dream, and finally, I want to finish a large painting at least once.

                  Although I have never been one to sing in front of crowds, I want the chance to sing and be accompanied by a choir. In my opinion, the best part of any singing show happens when a soulful, church choir joins the singer, and I want that chance. Although unlikely, this would preferably happen during class or in a store line, and it would create a large spontaneous dance, similar to a musical, but I would also settle for a more traditional version.

                  Finally, I hope to one day meet my entire living family. Because my dad is Chinese and my mother is a Caucasian mix, my family lives all over the world. Traveling would be amazing, but I would much rather say I have introduced myself to people who share the same blood as I do.

I could write a novel just from ideas from my bucket list, but rather, I will leave it at that for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment