SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Chukwu, Chikaodiri: Bucket List


            In all honesty, I would say that I constantly devote invaluable time to think, draft and modify my bucket list. I believe that we as humans continuously strive to achieve certain goals which we desire before our time expires here on planet earth. For most people, the passion to fulfill their goals is fueled by the fear of oblivion, for some others, it could just be tied to the pursuit of happiness. As for me, for the most part, my bucket list is linked to the fulfillment I should have at the end as a human with a purpose.
            Of very great priority on my bucket list is to be a practitioner in the medical field. As a child I have always believed that my calling is centered on saving lives and putting smiles on  faces . I am currently a nursing major and I have no doubt my steps are pointed in the right direction. I would like to work in a well-established hospital here in the United States after my graduation. With the knowledge and experience I attain, I would like to run a standard hospital that will offer low-cost medical services to the less privileged in my country, Nigeria.

            In addition, I would like to get married to my ideal man and have a beautiful family with him. I figure on a honeymoon across the Eiffel Tower in Paris, visits to experience the electric streets of London, the vibrant nights in Puerto Rico, and the spotlight in the city of Cape Town. That would be a dream come true. After , it is  my desire to establish a non-profit organization back in Nigeria for the less privileged. Because the whole idea of a bucket list is to do what makes us happy after all, I believe that my happiness lies in the happiness of others.

            It is difficult to compile everything on my bucket list into one sheet of paper. The very last thing I will mention is that when my time draws near and I have fulfilled my bucket list, I would love to write a book about my life experiences and have it published. This is largely inspired by my love for writing and also to affect people’s lives positively. Because life is unpredictable I only pray that God gives me the grace and zeal to achieve these goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment