SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Swistok, Garlon: Bucket List


Writing a bucket list is strange for me because it puts into perspective the fact that I could die at anytime. With that being said, many things rush through my head of what I would like to do before I kick the bucket. 

            To start my list, I must say I am somewhat of an adrenaline junky. I like driving fast and there aren’t many things that go faster than an airplane. It has been a dream of mine since I was a child to fly a plane, and I hope that before I die I get the chance to fly one, even if only for a brief minute.

            Like I stated earlier, I am an adrenaline junky. This may sound cliché on a bucket list, but after flying the plane (maybe even immediately after climbing out of the cockpit) I want to jump out of one. Skydiving has always seemed interesting to me and I believe it has a rightful place on my bucket list.

            My last wish before I die is to own my favorite car. Believe it or not, I’m not wanting a Ferrari, but something a little less expensive with way more class. My favorite car is a 1970 Pontiac Firebird formula 400, with the ram air hood, the 455 big block engine, and the four-speed manual transmission. I would like it to be black with the screaming eagle emblazoned on the hood in white.

            A bucket list is good to have because it establishes goals in your life, and although mine may be simple I believe that my goals would be all I would need to say that I lived a life that I enjoyed. I believe that is what people want, to have enjoyed their life on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment