SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Senn, Deana: Bucket List


            I could, like many people, write about my adventure bucket list. That list would include skydiving, deep sea diving, and visiting every continent, among other things. Indeed these would be great accomplishments. However, I have another bucket list that I hold in higher esteem than the previous one, a bucket list of achievements in my life that have impact on other people. On my bucket list are things that I feel will still have impact even after my life has ended. With that being said, let me give you my bucket list. 

            I think the most important thing I would like to do is have a family. Children are the future and this world needs more kids who are raised to be strong and capable adults. I would be honored to have a part in shaping the future by raising children who can keep the cycle of life going and continue making advances for humankind. I want to raise children who know they have the capability to change the world. 

            More of a short-term achievement on my bucket list is to become a traveling photo-journalist for a magazine such as National Geographic or Smithsonian. I want to write about life, people, and about the world and its diversity. I want to leave great photography and inspiring articles behind for future generations to enjoy and study.
            
Finally, I just want to help people. Even if I never have a family or get the chance to publish anything, I can still help people. There will always be someone in need and helping them will leave a lasting impression. Perhaps, they in turn will help another, leaving even greater influence in the world. I feel this is really all I can ask for in my life, to have an impact that will never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment