SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Richard, Kennedy: Bucket List


One of these days when I’m a gray-haired old woman, I want to be able to look back on my life with fond memories and a smile, knowing I accomplished everything I had on my list of things to do before I died.  I want to live by the Latin phrase “carpe diem” or “seize the day,” living each day to the fullest and never letting life pass me by.

            My current long-term goal is to graduate SAU with honors, a high GPA, and a biochemistry degree, before continuing on to UAMS to earn a degree in pharmacy. I hope to one day become a retail pharmacist and become the proud owner of my own retail pharmacy and small compounding lab. I also wish to get married, have a beautiful home, and start a family.

            The next items on my bucket list are not lifelong goals to accomplish, such as finding my perfect job, rather they are things I wish to be able to say I’ve done.  I wish to study abroad while in college, as well as visit Europe and tour Belgium, France, Greece, Ireland, Spain, and Switzerland.  I wish to visit and immerse myself in the cultures and experience the differences in history, art, and cuisine of these countries. It has also been my parents wish to visit the East and West Coasts, so I hope one day to make family trips there as well. Skydiving, bungee jumping and getting a tattoo are a few of the more thrilling things on my bucket list I hope to experience.

            Doing the items on my bucket list will not be the only important things I’ve accomplished in my life, but I hope that when I’m old, I can look back on my life and smile at the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment