SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Rhodes, Stephanie: Bucket List


            When I think about dying, I cannot help but reflect on my Bucket List, or the things I want to do before I die. My Bucket List is full of entries that fit perfectly into the “American Dream, such as earn my Ph. D, get a great job, and start a family. However, it is also an expression of who I am and contains many wild and crazy adventures.

            As an adventurous spirit, many of the things found on my bucket list involve traveling the world. My biggest goal in life is to travel to each of the seven continents, although I am fully aware it will be a stretch trying to get to Antarctica. We live on a planet full of mysteries and I hope that in my time here I have the chance to uncover some of the Earth's hidden gems!

            Along with having an overwhelming sense of wanderlust, I am also an adrenaline junkie, which is why the second most important thing on my Bucket List is to go skydiving. While it sounds crazy to most people, the thought of jumping out of a perfectly good airplane sounds so incredibly fun to me.

            Coming in at number three, and following suit with the last item on the list, is bungee jumping off of the Nevis Bungy in New Zealand. Located outside of Queensland, New Zealand at a height of 134 meters; it is the highest bungee in the world. Not only does the Nevis combine my love of travel and adrenaline, but it is located in one of the most scenic parts of the country.

            As I continue to add and subtract things from my Bucket List, I am reminded to always be grateful for the things I have seen and the places I have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment