SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Shrestha, Shiva: Bucket List


Like any common man I have my dreams, my BUCKET LIST that I want to perform. Even though the storage of this computer is not large enough to accommodate my BUCKET LIST, I will try to write down some of its items.  
HITCHHIKING, all across Nepal with my friends. I want to experience that wilderment of being free on the road, with my crazy friends, not always knowing which route to take? What to eat? Where to stay? I want to experience the diversity in culture, food, lifestyle that my wonderful country has to offer. Yeah, I want to ride a bike on those graveled roads with all the villagers watching me with the sense of curiosity.
PARAGLIDING, from the cliff of a hill or after jumping from a plane, any ways possible. I have acrophobia, so I just want to overcome it. I want to feel the force of gravity pulling me down, that moment of free fall, like a King of the World. I want to do it somewhere in United States of America and I want someone to capture that moment for me as a life time memento.
TRAVEL GUIDE, at some part of my life I want to work as a travel guide in Nepal. I believe I will enjoy myself doing that and also have fun and satisfaction of being able to share the knowledge of different places, my passions, and things I love do to others. Or rather I might just open a travel company.
I wouldn’t have thought of paragliding in USA a month ago when I was in Nepal. There are so many things in life that we can do, so I am open to any new additions to my BUCKET LIST.

No comments:

Post a Comment