SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Burdick, Taylor: Bucket List


My bucket list seems to grow as I continuously discover what this world has to offer. This realization made narrowing it down very difficult; however the items listed are at the top of my list.

First on my bucket list is to graduate college with a mechanical engineering degree and move forward to get a master’s degree in architecture. Accomplishing these two tasks are very important to me because it will provide other opportunities; some of which will help me to accomplish other items on my bucket list. One of which includes being able to support my parents and ensure they retire at a reasonable age. 

Second on my bucket list is to raise a family. I hope to provide my children with the opportunities I was blessed to have while growing up. 

As an architect, one item on my bucket list is to design a clubhouse for a famous golf course. Being able to combine my passion for golf with my career is a big dream of mine. Other items on my bucket list include sponsoring a child, bungee jumping, watching a Yankees and Blue Jays game in Yankees Stadium, and going to the Masters. Of course I would also love to travel. First on my list of places to see is Paris. I fell in love with the city in the fourth grade and have dreamed of visiting ever since. Along with Paris I hope to visit every continent at least once and experience the unique culture each sector of the world has to offer.

I would love to be able to tell my children and grandchildren that I accomplished everything on my bucket list. However, if I do not, as long as I live a life filled with laughter and love I will have lived a fulfilling life.

No comments:

Post a Comment