SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Loftin, Seth: Bucket List


            Every person in the world has a list of things they wish to accomplish before they get put six feet under the ground, their bucket list.  Each bucket list is individualized as each person has a different list.  Those looking at my bucket list would conclude that I was an adrenaline junkie.

            My bucket list consists of activities that involve speed.  I currently am a drag race car driver.  I wish to drive in most of the automotive sports and try to reset the land speed record.

            I wish to get my pilot license.  I would love to be able to fly my own plane daily.  I also would like to be able to jump out of it and go skydiving.  I would also like to go for a ride in a fighter jet, more specifically the F-22 raptor. 

            I have always loved fishing and hunting with my family, so hunting and fishing has to be on my bucket list.  I want to go deep-sea fishing in Alaska and pull in a 100 pound fish.  I would also like to go big game hunting in Alaska or Africa.  

            One of the higher activities on my bucket list is traveling the world.  I want to travel the world with my significant other and live other lifestyles for a few years and get a real feel for what the world is like.  Then I can settle down and start a family, which is at the top of my list.  Starting a family is the most important thing on my list and I cannot wait for it to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment