SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Everett, Delora: Bucket List


A major part of my bucket list would be just simply paying off debts and at the same time helping people who are in need. Being able to give back to my community is important to me. Where I am from not many people are fortunate to even make it to college. I would enjoy being able to help out others financially and not have them struggle as much as I did.

I also want to travel big time. I really wish to visit Germany before going anywhere else. I’m so drawn to going there that I am even learning to speak German. The other places I wish to visit include: France, Central Africa, Japan, and Spain. 

 I’d also like to have a job as a psychologist. Having a job that pays well plays a big part in my bucket list because without one, I would be not able to give much back or even travel for that matter. I want to be the best of the best too, have people come to me for help and information, and I will answer the unanswerable. That would be definitely great. Discovering a solution to an unsolvable problem or issue would be a highlight of my life.

Last but not least, I want to learn magic tricks. Its super fun watching a magician perform and I’ve always been interested in actually doing it since I was young. It seems as though everyone loves magic. How could anyone not enjoy it? Magic is great.

My bucket list is one that shows a bit of my personality and inner wishes.   I believe most bucket lists do the same because they show a people’s inner desires that they wish to accomplish before death. I believe my list is pretty simple even though many items don’t correlate to each other at all. I feel as though I would be able to accomplish all things on my bucket list before I die.

1 comment: