SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Crye, Amanda: Bucket List


            My mother used to always tell me, “Amanda, life it too short to waste. While you have the time and energy, live to your fullest potential and leave no room for regrets.” I tend to live my life based off of that advice. I will never truly live a life of no regrets until I accomplish the six most important things on my rapidly expanding “bucket list.”

Growing up I faced many financial and emotional adversities; the only thing that could bring a smile to my face was the beauty of the ocean. It has been my dream for many years to finish my scuba diving certification, and take my first solo dive at the Great Barrier Reef. I would also like to one day be placed in a cage where I am able to photograph the dark beauty behind some of the world’s largest sharks. Photography has always been my method of escaping reality. I grew up behind the lens of a camera. Nothing would bring me greater satisfaction than one day getting a shot published by National Geographic. 

            Helping children has always been a passion if mine, hence the reason I am majoring in Early Childhood Education. I hope to one day positively impact the lives of each child that I come in contact with. I am eventually going to take on the task of learning Spanish and French, so I can travel with missionary groups and work with children in underdeveloped countries. I believe every child deserves the opportunity to receive a better life through the power of education.

            The item I hold to the highest regard on my “bucket list” is being able to live a happy life. I could accomplish nothing else, but as long as I am happy, I will have lived a fulfilled life.

No comments:

Post a Comment