SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Blann, Justin: Bucket List


            Throughout my life, my parents have been very work-oriented. In essence, they were always “all work, no play.” For example, we never went on any family vacations. They believed that unnecessary money would be spent on a vacation. Obviously, this attitude affected me and throughout my high school years I spent almost all of my time in Arkansas. A “long” trip was going to Hot Springs or Little Rock; both were only an hour and a half from my home. Because of this regional restriction, my bucket list consists of international travel.

            The country that interests me the most is Spain. On top of it being historic and majestic, I have a specific interest in the Spanish language. Before my trip to Spain, I plan to be fluent in the language. With this lingual advantage, I feel I’ll be able to fully experience cities such as Madrid and Barcelona. After my Spanish journey, a trip to Rome is on my bucket list. What better place to examine ancient architectural excellence! I especially wish to visit the Colosseum. With the Vatican City being in Rome, also, there is tremendous religious history to learn about hands-on at places such as the Vatican Museums. I cannot forget the delicious Italian cuisine! Spaghetti has always been one of my favorites and I’ve heard it’s shockingly better in Italy. Another great bucket list destination is Paris.  The Eiffel Tower is the ideal sight to see, as it is one of the most recognizable landmarks in the world.  Les Misérables is one of my favorite musicals, and I would love to see it performed in France, where it is set.  

            While some people’s bucket lists consist of complex or dangerous activities, such as skydiving, I simply wish to travel the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment