SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Scott, Savanna: Bucket List


I’ve always been a major history buff. So, before I leave this world I want to see where the Salem Witch Trials took place. These particular trials have always intrigued me mainly because some of my ancestors died in these trials. I want to experience the eeriness of the historic town and the courtroom where the group of teenage girls convinced many of witchcraft.

When my time is soon coming to an end, I’m going to do some crazy things. First, I would absolutely love to cage dive off the coast of South Africa near Seal Island, also known as the “Ring of Death.” It is called that because great white sharks circle all around the island waiting to devour seals. After, I would travel to Alaska. I would bear the frigid cold to hunt and kill a mighty grizzly bear. 

I have always yearned to go to the Galapagos Islands. I want to see all the different types of rare animals there: the marine iguana, flightless cormorants, the finches that Darwin used in his theory of natural selection, Galapagos penguins, and blue-footed boobies. I would also like to venture to the small town of Puerto Ayora on Santa Cruz Island to tour the Charles Darwin Research Station and see Turtle Bay. 

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I would also like to relax and accept the fact that I’m on my way out. In celebration of leaving this world I would love to take a gondola cruise down the canals of Venice with my spousem, and finally, get to eat authentic Italian food. When my time comes, I want to be able to say that I did everything that I could possibly do in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment