SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Robinson, Miranda: Bucket List


When most people make a “Bucket List,” they include a bunch of wild once-in-a-lifetime adventures they’d like to experience someday. Thus, my own bucket list pales in comparison. Before I die, I’d like to have my artwork used by a well-known company, visit Universal Studios, find a job I love doing, and start a family of my own. It may seem a tad boring, but these are the things that would make my life feel complete.

            As an aspiring graphic designer, it’s no surprise that having my work used by a well-known company is important on my list. Whether I create a logo for the company, design a web page, or have something I made appear in a magazine, I would be overjoyed if a company liked my work enough to use it. Because my art is a big part of my life, such acceptance would, at least, vastly improve my self-esteem and my opinion of my own work.

            Another thing that has always been a huge part of my life is the Harry Potter series. That is why I’ve always dreamed of visiting The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando. I’ve always been a huge fan, and I’m dying to see my favorite series come to life.

            The other two things on my list seem to go hand in hand. While they are not crazy adventures, finding a job and starting a family are important to me. Coincidentally, they are also the only things on my list that I am not in any hurry to accomplish. One day I will settle down and have children, but not now. My bucket list may seem boring to some, but if I can accomplish all this, I can die happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment