SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Chandler, Melissa: Bucket List


Bucket lists are intended to cause a person to strive for what they desire to accomplish before the sands in their hourglasses trickle down. There are so many amazing things in the world that I would, personally, love to see and explore. 

            Ever since I can remember, I’ve been an adrenaline junkie. The first things on my bucket list are skydiving and bungee jumping. I can’t even imagine the pure freedom and adrenaline a person experiences when freefalling through the sky. Honestly, it seems like the closest thing to actually flying there is. Just think about it; that last second when you’re pulling the cord for your parachute or when that bungee cord stretches taut and stops your decent would be pure terror and excitement at the same instant. 

            The next things are just for pure experience. I want to visit Spain and Ireland more than anywhere else in the world. Spanish classes from high school and college filled my head with these fantastic images of Spain. Who knows? I may not even like it, but I guess I’ll just have to go over there and find out. Ireland comes to mind because my best friend is of Irish decent. I’ve seen pictures of Ireland and been introduced to Celtic music through her; it seems like a beautiful culture.

            I’m going to be honest here. I want to buy a cherry red Lamborghini before I die. There’s nothing behind this desire other than I just would like to say that I own a Lamborghini. Then there’s a limousine. Seriously, who doesn’t want to ride in a limo before they pass? Maybe I’ll stick my head through the sun roof and yell to the streets. Anything is possible once you put your mind to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment