SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Jackson, Will: Bucket List


            There are many things I’d like to do in my life, but a few notable examples would have to make my bucket list. First, I would thoroughly enjoy being a big wig in the gaming community. For example, winning a major Smash tournament would gain me internet fame and be an amazing experience. Smash tournaments pale in comparison to the fame that being the President of Nintendo could bring, however.

            Outside of the video game realm, there are a handful of other fun places I’d like to visit before I die. The Poseidon Undersea Resort is, just as the name implies, an underwater hotel with a fantastic view. Going there for my honeymoon would be splendid. Video Games New York is a store in New York City that has the biggest selection of games and gaming accessories in America, and before I die I wish to go on a splurge there. Lastly, I simply must go to the Pokémon Center in Tokyo, and I would definitely visit the Nintendo World Store while I was in Japan.

            There are many things on my bucket list that are actually achievable. One of these tasks is to become a pharmacist. Becoming a pharmacist only leads into the next item on my list: supporting a family. It has long been my belief that the meaning of life is to support a family, so a majority of my current and future goals revolve around that belief. Such goals include: graduating college, getting accepted into and completing pharmacy school, and lastly holding down a job as a pharmacist. Once I’ve attained a steady flow of income, I’d use it to take my children to Disney World, collect every game for a specific console, and buy a blue Shelby Mustang. Once completed, my bucket list is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment