SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Gc, Manisha: Bucket List


Every person has different hopes and expectations in their life that they want to pursue and achieve. Some people think about living a regular and simple life where they have a job with office hours of 10:00am to 5:00pm and a happy family. Other people think about being some big personality because their parents want them to be. Then, there are some who just want to live every day of their life with new hopes, expectations, and adventures in new places. They just want to face whatever comes in their lives without any worries and fears. Like every other person, I do have my bucket list that I would like to fulfill during my lifetime that will make my life worth living and let me die with no worries and regrets.

                 The first and foremost dream on the top of my bucket list is to get into one of the top medical schools in USA and graduate with the prefix “Dr.” in front of my name. That will the payoff for all the struggle and sacrifices that my parents have undergone to make my dream come true. I don’t want to be just a regular doctor whose day starts in a clinic or hospital and ends at the same place, a doctor with a normal, simple, and happy life. I want to be on top. I want to be the one who performs the miracles and creates hope and faith in people. I don’t want to be limited to only one clinic, nursing home, or hospital. I want to be the one who everybody talks about and demands to see because of my hardworking and mesmerizing performance.

         The second item on my bucket list is to provide my parents with all those things they deserve and dream about but cannot pursue it because they have sacrificed to fulfill my desires. I want to make my dad free from all responsibilities and allow him to live his life on his own without any worries and the burden of taking care of others. After that I want to have some time for myself in order to paraglide, jet sky, scuba dive, fight my fear of heights and water, and enjoy my life to fullest.

            The third item on my list is to go for a world tour which starts from the most beautiful places of my country where I have never been able to visit: the glorious natural beauty of Pokhara; the birthplace of Lord Buddha Lumbini, the place of peace; and camping in Solukhumbu the site of Mount Everest, the world’s highest peak. Then, I will probably be ready to have a peaceful death.

No comments:

Post a Comment