SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Bassett, Calla: Bucket List


            I don’t have a bucket list. I don’t have a certain list of things that I must do before I die, and the reason for that is because there isn’t anything that I want to do. There are things that I would possibly like to do, but nothing I particularly want to do. There are a few places I’d like to go, such as Italy and Greece, but I’m fine with never going there. I’m a very indecisive person, if, I decide that I like something or that I want to do something, more likely than not, it will change within the next year. That makes it difficult for me to plan the future, so, normally, I don’t. 

            I could give you many more reasons about why I don’t have a bucket list, such as, I don’t want to define the worth of my life by how many things are crossed off on a list or that circumstances mean more to me than generalities, but those are just excuses. There just isn’t anything I want to do, or more accurately, I don’t know what I want to do. It changes so often, and I have so much trouble deciding that I usually just take things one day at a time. More often than I’d like, that strategy makes it so that I decide things too late. 

            For right now at least, my bucket list would be to live my life to the best of my ability and to try to be happy. That’s what matters most to me and that is one things I know I want to do. Unfortunately, I don’t really know how to do that yet, but I’m learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment