SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Brannam, Jeffrey: Bucket List


            Kicking the bucket, that empty bucket of life dreams that never got filled, is a horrifying and miserable thought. I also find such a prospect daunting and full of dread. To avoid such a thing happening, I will fill my life with wonderful experiences and fulfilled dreams.

            Life is an adventure, and I shall adventure all over the world, learning new things and seeing new sights. I shall visit the Amazon rainforest at least once, climb Mt. Everest to say that I could and did, and see the greatest capitals of the world. I shall skydive, white water raft, and even mine for diamonds. I shall fill my life with adventures so grand that one would believe any autobiography I made would be fiction.

            I desire to make major advancements in my field of interest, chemistry. I want to become famous through exceptional work, research, and discovery. It is every scientist's dream to do what they love, to discover something that's entirely new, something that will change the field; I am no exception.

            Several of the items on my list, I have already done, and will continue to do so. I shall spend hours at shorelines, fishing pole in hand, whiling the day away relaxed. I shall camp underneath the stars, breathing nature's unpolluted fresh air, listening to the sounds surrounding me. Nature, what I've done, where I've been, and the small things that many take for granted shall always occupy my mind, granting me a lasting sense of contentment.

            Perhaps I seem too ambitious, but that ambition shall drive me to accomplish or fail at these tasks. Success is not guaranteed, but my effort and willingness to go the extra mile to make them happen the best I possibly can in my all too short life.

No comments:

Post a Comment