SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Zoa, Line: Bucket List


I had never thought of writing down all the things that I would like to do before I die until today. I am a business oriented person, and I would rather write business plans for the long-term businesses I would like to establish in a few years, writing them makes them more real and pushes me to work towards them. In other words, I try to move from the project phase to the achievement phase by planning in a consistent manner. Most of the things I want to do in life revolve about the wellbeing of others; others are related to my life interests and hobbies.

I have always wanted to become a Medical Doctor because of an urge to help people to be healthy. Health is the most precious gift in life and being healthy and alive is really all anyone can ask for. I want to use my knowledge and skills to improve health around the world.

Aside from being a medical doctor, I want to have another profession. I love fashion and want to design clothes based on African stories and cultures. I would love to have a clothing line and have a chain of restaurants in different cities of my beautiful country, Cameroon.

My goal in life is to use education as my tool in becoming a productive member of society. One way to play a part in society is to make others happy. I imagine a world where most children have access to education and healthcare, especially orphans found in developing countries. I would like to help by building healthcare centers and creating an organization for young children who are interested in socio-economic activities and leadership skills.

I want to travel around the world and visit the Seven Wonders of the World. I want to visit Greece, Egypt, Italy, Turkey and many more places.

I cannot predict the future, but I am hoping and praying that God gives me longer days, strength, and determination to accomplish my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment