SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Smith, Aliyah: Bucket List


A bucket list is a written out list of objectives or goals people want to complete during their lifetime. Some have extreme objectives while others choose a more gentle approach.  Bucket lists can also tell you about a person. Some people’s goals have a deeper meaning while others goals are only the things they want to do.

The first item on my bucket list is to take a vacation to Disney World with my family.  Family is important to me and Disney World seems to be a very fun and entertaining theme park. I love nearly all of the Disney characters including Mickey Mouse, Goofy, and Daisy. I love the Disney movies just as much as the characters. Lion King is my ultimate all-time favorite movie. It would bring me great joy to be in a place with all my favorite childhood memories along with my favorite people.

Next on my list is, a week-long trip to Barcelona. It is a beautiful place, or seems so from the pictures I’ve seen. I’ve wanted to go there since I saw the movie Cheetah Girls 2. I also like Spanish culture. My Spanish teacher taught us culture as well as the language. He encouraged me to try out for the Spanish Culture Bowl Team at regional competition. Luckily, I made it and won first place. Competing taught me more about the Spanish Culture and made me want to visit Spain even more. A trip to Barcelona would be thrilling and educational. I would like to learn about its history and the everyday life of its people.

My next item is my dream job, nurse practitioner. I want to become a nurse practitioner because I love helping and caring for others. I’ve always put others ahead of me. I would like to open my own clinic and specialize in pediatrics. My job would pay well but the money is only a small incentive. I truly have a caring heart and would like to give back to others with my services.
 
My last item on my bucket list is very special to me. I want to buy my mother her dream house. I’ve promised her this since I was a little girl. I plan on keeping that promise and making it come true. It’ll be one of the ways I’ll show my appreciation to her. She holds a special place in my heart. I can’t repay her for everything she’s done, but it would be the least I can do. I want to make her proud of me but even more so I want to give her what she deserves.

My bucket list isn’t that extravagant and long. It’s basically the small things I want to do before I get to an age where I can’t do anything.  I hope I can complete my list before retirement.  My list should have shown my interest in education, different cultures, enjoyment of theme parks, and my love for people.

No comments:

Post a Comment