SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Davis, Gabrielle: Bucket List


Many individuals might consider my bucket list to be somewhat typical; however, my bucket list is quite unique. My future endeavors consist of facing fears, exploring historical landmarks, and remaining dedicated to service while creating enjoyable life experiences. I would like to visit the Eiffel Tower on my honeymoon, visit all 50 states while contributing to non-profit organizations, and shave my head bald in a donation to the Cancer Society. 

One of my greatest aspirations is to elevate to the top of the Eiffel Tower to mentally capture the city of Paris. I always dreamt of traveling to Paris, but I have recently discovered an interest in photographing beauty. In this adventure I hope to also capture peace photographically while beginning my new journey.  

For many years I have witnessed how non-profit organizations struggle with budgets which hinders their efficiency. As a result of my own personal relationships with such groups, I have decided to travel to all 50 states to make donations to non-profit organizations, especially those that are newly established.

In the past year, a close family member was affected by cancer. I have great empathy for those so suffering. I hope to shave my head bald one day in order to donate my hair to the Cancer Society. Additionally, I hope to wear my natural look through the entire recovering process. 

A bucket list is stem filled with signs of fear, uncertainty, and shame. However, humankind will never live up to the standards of one another. My bucket list enables me to conquer my fears while enjoying myself at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment