SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Gentry, Tyler: Bucket List


            A bucket list usually involves one’s long term goals or accomplishments. Sometimes, one’s bucket list is more adventurous than  beneficial. My bucket list is definitely more adventurous , but I do hope to gain some things out of it.
            I have always liked airplanes. I do not want to fly an airplane; the thought of flying one seems boring. I want to jump out of one. Skydiving is the first thing on my bucket list because it is the one thing that is most likely to happen. I plan to join the Air Force one day, and I want to get a job while I am there where I can train to jump out of planes.
            The next thing on my list is to go base jumping. Base jumping would be the first thing on my list, but I believe I need to learn how to control my parachute first. The best thing about skydiving is that the only thing I can hit is the ground. I could hit the side of a building or a cliff while base jumping, so I will wait until I have some expertise before I do it.
            The last thing on my bucket list is to be struck by lightning. It is appropriately the last thing on my bucket list because it is the most likely to kill me. I do not necessarily have to be struck by lightning; I just want to know what it feels like. It interests me because it is a force that should easily be able to kill people, and yet, it does not always happen that way. These small adventures make up my bucket list. My goals and accomplishments will hopefully come in their own time, so I will only deal with the things I can change.

No comments:

Post a Comment