SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Mandhar, Shiraj: Bucket List


A “Bucket List” is a list of wishes that one seeks to, complete before one dies. When it comes to my bucket list, I have lots of things on my mind that I want to do before I die, things I want to do and things I wish to do  for the betterment of others. Here are a few of my wishes, which if I filtered out to be the most important would make it on top of the list.

First I want to excel in my field of study, computer science, to be a senior programmer and to own a software company. The world today is very competitive and is ever changing, especially when it comes to science and technology. Technological breakthroughs are occurring every day and the challenge to keep up with the world, the never ending learning process is what excites me the most. I would love to someday contribute to the technological breakthroughs to make people’s lives easier and to represent my country, Nepal, through my work.

The next thing on my bucket list is to set out on a world tour. I would like to randomly select a destination on the world map and travel there or simply set destinations and travel to all the popular tourist attractions around the world. I would travel from place to place in turn experiencing and learning about the differences in lifestyle among people living in different places. While I am traveling to different parts of the world, I also wish to experience the elements of nature through outdoor sports like, river rafting, paragliding, rock climbing, and many more to make my trip memorable and exciting.

Besides the items mentioned above there are still many things I want to do before I die such as to obtain and maintain a muscular physique, hone my drawing skills, learn boxing, and many more. I may never get to do these things. Nevertheless, I believe in making the best out of life and enjoying it every day so even if my bucket list is never completed, it doesn’t matter to me because all that matters in the end is happiness and contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment