SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

DissouOgoula, Laetitia: Bucket List


          The Oxford Dictionary defines a bucket list as: “bucket list- noun; a number of experiences or achievements that a person hopes to have or accomplish during their lifetime.” As an extremely goal oriented person, I have always kept a bucket list of the main things I want and must accomplish during my lifetime.

          The first item on my list is becoming a successful doctor, specifically a pediatrician. I have always been passionate about the medical field, and because of my love for kids I have chosen pediatrics. Even though I have not made a choice about becoming a simple pediatrician, a pediatric surgeon, or a pediatric neurosurgeon, I am sure that I want to deal with the medical care of children. 

          The second element of my list is building a family. What would be a complete life without a family? I believe that family is one of the most important things in a human being’s life. In a few years, I see myself happily married with someone who loves and respects me.  Also, I see myself as a mother of three or four children. I want to give them the best education possible and insure that my husband and I provide all the necessities for their education and flourishing. 

          The third component of my list is creating an organization that will help disadvantaged people. In other words, I want to help people having a hard time to survive and make something good out of their lives. I see people unable to have a decent life because they are poor or because they lost everything. One of the organization’s goals will be to give destitute people a second chance, a hope, and a reason to smile. Another main goal will be to help children from those poor families get a good education, so they can have a chance of future success. Growing up, I have seen people living in really bad conditions and children with no chances of ever putting their feet in a school. So, I have developed a love for helping others around me. Indeed, I am one of those who believe that being humble, helpful, and loving should be a part of everybody’s life. 

          The fourth and last item on my list is to take part in some extreme sports and activities. Those include scuba diving, bungee jumping, skydiving, and Jetlev. I also want to swim with dolphins, a less extreme pleasure.  I have always been a lover of such intense sensations. Most of my friends believe I am a little crazy, but the love for extreme activities is just a part of me. Indeed, I am planning to do some of them this school year.

          I pretty much gave an idea of what I want to accomplish, and I will do all the possible to achieve them. However, I wonder about how long the list of things I do not want to do might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment