SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Brown, Jeremy: Bucket List


Goals are a way into our aspirations. I’ve always had a set of goals that shape my way of living today. There’s a few different groups of goals that I’ve always had in mind. I’ve had a few daredevil dreams, these have always encouraged me to take more risks. The best definition for my next set of goals would have to be sights and experiences. My final category is legacy.

One common thing that is on my bucket list is to experience the utter thrill of falling out of an airplane. Skydiving excites me in a way that can only be described as blood boiling. I want to know what the last thought that goes through my mind is as I fall helplessly into the atmosphere.

The world has always mystified me. Even only traveling around the United States has been incredibly fun. I want to travel the world, stopping by every continent and experiencing all the different cultures of the human race. Although Europe is my most desired travel destination because it has the most extravagant cultures.

My legacy is something that has always concerned me. Before I die I want to leave something that my family would be proud of and the world will admire. I want to make huge leaps for medical science and improve life. It doesn’t really matter what I do as long as I can help people but I would like to make a huge breakthrough such as curing cancer.

These are just aspirations that I have. I call it my bucket list and before I die if I achieve all of these things then I will feel successful. My goals that I have listed are a sneak peek into myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment