SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Tucker, Cyrus: Bucket List


         A “Bucket List” is a list of items a person wishes to accomplish before they kick the so called “Bucket.” These wishes often consist of completely absurd things and are usually highly dangerous to boot. I, on the other hand, have seemingly simple wishes that have a very sentimental meaning to me. 

         Number one on my list is to stand in the middle of the Northern Lights and let myself be completely taken aback by the beauty of the event. This item was inspired by a branch of my family that lives in Alaska and who have taken trips to areas where the Northern Lights are prevalent and have taken many great photographs of these events. I’m very jealous of them and where they live.

         Number two on my list is to drive a Bugatti Veyron on the autobahn. The autobahn are highways in Germany with no speed limit. Obviously, that allows drivers to ride as fast as their cars will allow them, which to me is absolutely amazing. I cannot possibly imagine anything more fulfilling than that.

         Number three, the last item on this very short list, is to travel every continent and to at least learn ten different languages. This is important to me because I really wish to understand the world, its people, and its cultures. To do this it is imperative that I speak many languages, then I could communicate with the people of world and maybe understand things like wars, different religions, and civil rights differences.

         Many of these things may not amount much to others people’s expectations but to me these are actual things that I intend to do in life. I was always told to complete a goal no matter what so that is what I shall do.

No comments:

Post a Comment