SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Ciurcina, Mariana: Bucket List


Every human being has a bucket list either in mind or written down. The main idea of a bucket list is to choose things to do before dying. Having a bucket list helps visualize life goals. It takes hard work to achieve those goals. Therefore, I would like to share ten things I want to do before I die.

The first thing I would like to do is skydiving. I am the type of girl who likes to take risks; not many others would want to skydive because it is very risky. I think it would be an unforgettable experience. The second thing I would like to do is learn how to surf. I am a beach person, and I would love to spend hours and hours at a beach playing in the water. Moreover, I am also a big soccer fan; so I would like to meet a few famous soccer players such as, Cristiano Ronaldo, Zinedine Zidane, Ronaldinho, and Ozil. This is definitely one the most important things of my bucket list.

The fourth thing is traveling to Hawaii. I think it is the most beautiful and peaceful island in the world, so I hope I get the opportunity to go there sometime before I die. The fifth thing is going to Six Flags. There are so many fun rides that I am sure it would also be a great experience. The sixth thing, I would like to go to New York City, the city that never sleeps.

The seventh thing is swimming with dolphins. They are my favorite animal, so I would like to be able to see them closely and touch them. Besides, dolphins are beautiful and friendly. The eighth thing is attending a music festival because I love listening to music and dancing. Also I would like to shark dive in the Bahamas. It may sound scary, but I actually think it would be an awesome experience. 

Last but not least, I would like to donate a large amount of money to poor and homeless people. Everybody in the world deserves to have a home, and I would be more than happy to change at least one person’s life. All these things mentioned before, were ten of many more goals I am working on achieving before I die. It is important to visualize your dreams, so go ahead and make your own bucket list if you have not done it yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment