SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Tong, Tian Jun: Bucket List

-->
Waking up every morning, I’m working on the list of things that I want to achieve. Out of that long list, two of them are a must for me to fulfill before I die.

The first thing is I wanted to do is to handle at least one dog that wins the title of number one dog of the year in the United States. Being a dog show enthusiast, I always enjoy my moment in the show ring with my furry partners. But the achievements I’m looking forward to are far more challenging than just being in the competition. I can see myself flying for a year with my show dog from coast to coast and city to city just to chase that title. The adrenalin rush during the shows, the fatigue of intensive traveling, and the hard work of grooming will all be paid off when I see the dog I’m handling ranked number one on the All Breed chart. I want to have a photo of me and the dog snapped and the stories of how we fought for and won the title will be shared in my family from generation to generation.

The second thing I would want to do is to own a mini farm. There, I will keep chickens, ducks, and goats. I would also grow some fruit trees and have a big fishpond as well. Every morning I will wake up to feed the animals, spend the afternoon cleaning up their living areas, and spend my evenings making sure everything is in place before I go to bed. During my free time, I will pick fruit from my trees. I will keep some for myself and the rest will be shared with my family and friends. Giant kois will be the main fish species in my pond, swimming gracefully, and showing off themselves to me every morning when I feed them.

All of these might seem nothing to most people, but I know once I achieved them, there will be no regret after my last breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment