SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, October 6, 2014

George, Jasmine: Bucket List


My bucket list consists of many fears that I would like to face before the end of my life's journey.  Not only will I be confronting my fears, but I will be having a great time while doing these activities.  
  
An adventure to Disneyworld tops my bucket list due to my extreme fear of long-distance travel.  It will be exciting to observe the scenes when traveling through areas of Louisiana, Mississippi, and Georgia. I would dine at fancy restaurants, rest at fabulous hotels, and explore sites.

Sky diving brings out my fear of heights which is why I would like to conquer this task. A very close friend of mine recently went skydiving.  It seemed very simple and he assures me that there was not anything fearful about it.  Hopefully, this adventure will calm my fear of heights; it will also be my first time to ride in an airplane.

Typically, I become nervous when driving across a bridge towards oncoming traffic.  I would like to cross the Golden Gate Bridge.  Given that it is one of the longest bridges in the United States, I am certain that my phobia for bridge crossings will cease. 

Lastly, I find it interesting to swim with dolphins. Because I do not know how to swim, I would be challenged to learn. It would be exciting to swim in an ocean with other animals and analyze their communication methods. I would really enjoy being a part of a dolphin pod.

  This list is only a small portion of my hopes before I kick the “bucket.” However, it is these key elements that will help me to begin my everlasting list of things-to-do.

No comments:

Post a Comment