SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Jett, Emily: Bucket List


Death is something no one can escape; choose to face it head on by making the remaining years left meaningful. Those who do so should have no reason to fear death. As Mark Twain once said, “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” As far as my personal bucket list goes, I would like to join the Vans Warped Tour for a summer and be successful in my career choice.

            The Vans Warped Tour is a huge event that includes bands from all over the United States. I’ve attended the tour for four years but now I want to be a part of it as a merchandiser. Doing so would give me the opportunity to meet the musicians who inspire me and to listen to amazing music all summer.

            A degree in computer science leaves someone with a lot of options: computer programming, software engineering, or providing computer support. The one that appeals most to me, though, is game programming. Video games have always been something I enjoyed and creating my own game would be unreal. I want to produce a game that enchants and captivates others to play, just like my favorite games did for me. Being a game programmer is my dream job and it would provide financial stability.

            My bucket list is short and to the point, nonetheless it contains two of my most important goals. Most people might wish to become millionaires or have “cookie cutter” families; all I want is to be happy and create precious memories that I can look back on when my time has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment