SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Lawrence, Stacy: Bucket List

A “Bucket List” gives a window to peer into the ambitions of others. It is a list of things a person would like to experience before they pass on.


On the top of my list is to experience piloting an F-22 Raptor. With my dream job being a Navy Blue Angel pilot, it is simple to see that I have a love for engines and high altitude. I want to soar through the sky at supersonic speeds, while at the same time, protecting and serving my country.


Second, I would love to soak in the Blue Lagoon of Iceland with friends and family to drown our stresses and worries in the depths of the lagoon. My mom has always wanted to go there and it is on my bucket list because I want to do whatever it takes to make her happy.


 After, I want to be a in a football game, catch an interception and hurdle an opposing player on my way to score a touchdown. Hopefully, that happens for me here as a Mulerider on a Saturday, but if not, with God’s blessing, maybe in the National Football League.


Also, I want to fire a Barrett .50 caliber sniper rifle at a target 2000 m away on a range and strike it at least three consecutive times. This goal came about after striking and killing a deer from 700 m.


Last, but certainly not least, I want to become the best husband and father that I can be. I want to know that I have a wife who knows how much I love her and my family and children who know even though their daddy can be tough, he loves them very much because at the end of the day, my happiness is with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment