SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

LeGrand, Andrew: Bucket List

    A bucket list defines who you are as a person. These  goals and tasks express the character of an individual. While there are many things I would like to do, a few things in particular seem to be the most notable.

    One of these goals is to ride a bull. This is something that I've always wanted to do, and being an adrenaline junkie, I can not think of many other ways to achieve this thrill. While many are scare of getting hurt, this is something that I find to be an exciting method of getting a pristine adrenaline rush.

    Another goal of mine is to become an obstetrician and gynecologist. Ever since I can remember, this has been what I wanted to do with my life, and I feel that I will be able to help numerous people as I pursue this occupation. While the salary is pretty outstanding, I want to do this not for the money but for the betterment of society and enjoy the opportunities that go along with the job.

    Perhaps my biggest goal on my bucket list is to have a wife and children. Family is something that is very important to me, and when all else fails, my family will always be there to support me. Children are something that I look forward to. I want to have a legacy and be able to spend time with somebody who I've raised and loved throughout their entire life. I know that if I can be half of the parent to my children as my parents were to me, I will consider it a great accomplishment.

    Overall, there are numerous things on my bucket list that I would like to accomplish. These few things are goals that I aspire to one day achieve, and I look forward to them with great joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment