SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Gardner, Will: Bucket List


                  There are thousands of things that I want to do before my time is up, but there are only a few that truly stand out to me. Obviously, graduating college is a necessity to be able to fulfill my bucket list. Although I have to get through SAU before I can do many of the things I wish to, my list grows every day. The main thing for me is to not enjoy every luxury of life, but to enjoy the luxuries I do have with great friends. No one has ever thrown the greatest party by themselves, right?

            Working for Google has always been a topic of interest for me, especially since watching The Internship. My dream career would become a reality and I could possibly meet those great friends I hope to enjoy everything with. The other things on my list are base jumping: sky diving, raising a family, and leaving an impact on everyone’s life I was involved in. I don’t want to be a legend. I just want to make a difference in my lifetime.

            Base jumping and sky diving seem like the most exhilarating things to do because I’m an adrenaline junkie. I love the feeling of falling through the air, even if it’s jumping from a cliff into a lake. I want to raise a family eventually. I feel like if I could leave an impression on anything it would be my children. I love the idea of providing for them, putting them through college, buying their first car, and being a role model. I think everything else I want to do won’t be possible after my kids are born, but maybe I’ll have seen and done enough that no one I knew could forget me.

No comments:

Post a Comment