SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 29, 2024

Bucket List Grayson Outlaw

My goal, as a college freshman, is to earn a Biology degree at Southern Arkansas University where I will then proceed to Medical School with the intent of becoming a Surgeon. This goal stems from wanting to be the best of the best in order to serve others by helping them to make the most out of their life. With both of my parents, and many other relatives, working in the healthcare industry, their lives have been very impactful in guiding me to want to be a surgeon. I have seen the fruits of their labors and the benefits that come from their occupations.  

Alongside of this goal, I hope to build a family that I can support and be an example to every day, which comes from the great example that my family has set before me and the support that they have given me to make it to the point where I am today.  

As a man who loves to spend time outdoors, my goal is to always find the time to spend in God’s creation, whether that is  hunting, fishing, or enjoying a day on the lake. Further into this goal, I plan to own land so as to have the freedom and privacy that I desire. On this land, I plan to run and tend a small cattle operation, a desire inspired by many of my farmer family members. 

Above all else, my goal is to maintain a close relationship with Jesus Christ and to be a continual witness to everyone around me of the immense hope that is found in Jesus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment