SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Thursday, September 19, 2024

Bucket List Lilly Smutz

 As a freshman, I have many ideas about what I want to accomplish and experience. Career wise I plan to start out as a Registered Nurse and I want to use this platform to bring more awareness and change to a cause very close to my heart, sexual and domestic violence. 

My goal is to become a forensic nurse and help victims not only gather evidence from their attackers but to help them heal. What inspired me was the show Law and Order: Special Victims Unit; I had no idea that law enforcement and healthcare could work in conjunction to help people. 

On the other hand, I have my personal aspirations. I love to travel, I have been all over the west coast and I am hoping to go to Florida within the next year and a half. Similarly, I want to travel the world. Places like Japan, Ireland, and Greece have always been a dream of mine to visit. A hobby of mine is learning and researching other countries' cultures and religions; my personal favorite being Greek mythology. 

This love stemmed from my love of reading; I learned to read when I was 4 years old and I have never stopped. Something I’ve been doing for a while is collecting classical literature: Bronte, Shakespeare, Salinger, these authors wrote about a time from the past and I believe that we must all learn from the past to create a better future.

No comments:

Post a Comment