SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, September 30, 2024

Bucket List Jasmine Lopez

 The main goal on my bucket list is to be able to provide a comfortable life for myself and the family and friends that have unconditionally supported me. Before I can achieve the main goal on my bucket list, I must complete my education. 

 I have several hopes for my time at SAU, such as creating strong friendships and leaving a lasting impact on the organizations I am a part of. I also hope to conduct chemistry related research and present a poster over the research I conduct. However, my main goal during my time at SAU is to have fun while still prioritizing my schoolwork. 

After SAU, I hope to go to a top pharmacy school in the United States. Aside from my educational goals, I hope to see many parts of the world. I would like to go to Australia and go snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef. I would also like to go to Alaska to view the amazing local wildlife, such as orcas and humpback whales. If ever possible, I also hope to visit the site of Chernobyl to learn more about the devasting event and the impact it had on the surrounding people and wildlife. 

Visiting my family is something I would also love to do. So, I hope to visit my family in Zacatecas, Mexico and my family in Jalisco, Mexico! Besides education and travel, my bucket list covers my dream adult life. I hope to live on the West Coast. Furthermore, I hope to purchase an ocean-view, Victorian-era home and restore it to its former glory. I would also like at least one dog and one cat!  

No comments:

Post a Comment