SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Friday, September 20, 2024

Bucket List Alizia Devereaux

 

Being honest I've never thought too much into a Bucket List. I haven’t really had things that I would want to do before I “kick the bucket”, but there are some things that I would like to do at least. 

My main goal is to just simply be happy. I am hopefully going to be able to fulfill one plan of mine I've had, which is skiing. I should be able to go with SAU in January of next year. But as of now, I am a sophomore in college. I took college classes while in high school, so I am a few steps ahead. However, as of now, I am mostly making sure I am able to graduate college on time, as well as with honors. Once I graduate, I plan on teaching in a middle school, helping students to learn as much as they can. As I stated, I just want to be happy with life, so going with the flow and seeing where life takes me is good. 

Two of my lifelong dreams are to be able to go skiing and to be able to see the Northern lights. I love the cold, so that would be perfect for me. Some other menial things I would like to do would be to visit New York with my mom, see a couple other countries with my boyfriend, and maybe more. Getting married, having children, and buying a house are all on the list as well.

As long as I’m happy, everything will fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment