SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, September 23, 2024

Bucket List Natalie King

 As a dreamer, I dislike and disagree with the concept of a bucket list. My dreams and ambitions cannot be limited or defined by a simple list. 

Short term goals of mine include making the College National Finals Rodeo in Casper, WY in one of my many rodeo events. I compete in Breakaway Roping, Barrel Racing, Goat Tying, and Team Roping, making me an all-around cowgirl competing in all the women’s events in rodeo. However, I do not just want to make the finals rodeo, but I also want to be the very best. One day, I hope to see my name written in Cowboy Hall of Fame, not because of one specific achievement but because of an exceptional level of talent and dedication. 

Running a marathon, sky diving, and exploring many different countries are action filled dreams of mine. Adrenaline filled adventures are something I enjoy now and look forward to continuing in the future. I would love to visit Africa one day serving as a missionary. I plan to involve myself in many volunteer and community service opportunities helping as many as possible. 

One of my greatest ambitions is obtaining a law degree and working to protect the western and agricultural industry. My dream is to use a mass communication major alongside a law degree to work in a journalism or broadcasting position informing others. My dreams are constantly evolving, because I wholeheartedly believe we can do anything if we have confidence. I will not limit myself to a simple bucket list. Instead, my dream is to be the very best in every aspect of my life. Natalie King, is a name that will not be forgotten, because of my unlimited dreams and dedication.

No comments:

Post a Comment