SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Friday, September 27, 2024

Bucket List Gabrielle Nelson

 

My current goal is to graduate from Southern Arkansas University with an associate’s degree in university studies (with an Honors College distinction).
 
After, my goal is to graduate from the University of Central Arkansas with a bachelor’s degree in communication sciences and disorders (with another Honors College distinction) and, later, a master’s degree in speech pathology.
Outside of school I want to go to Colorado with my father on an elk hunt.
I enjoy traveling and spending time with family and friends regardless of my destination. I particularly want to go to Yellowstone National Park and see the wolves and how they interact with each other without human interference.  Because most of my family heritage is German, I would like to visit our ancestral country.
When visiting my Aunt Jen, we often volunteer at the World Bird Sanctuary in Valley Park, MO. Usually, I help clean the different birds’ areas and the enclosures for the snakes, turtles, and bats. A couple of years ago I was allowed to hold an Eurasian Eagle owl, Emerson. I grew up around a another eagle, Liberty, who lives at the World Bird Sanctuary. I would love to be able to spend more time working with many of the different birds, especially birds of prey.
Closer to home, I would like to improve on my shooting and archery skills.  I want to spend more time on both my digital and paper artwork. I want to learn how to crochet amigurumi (plushies) and other crochet techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment