SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Saturday, September 28, 2024

Bucket List Jameson Foster

 As a current student in the Honors College at Southern Arkansas University I plan to keep my GPA at least 3.6 because I believe, as an Honors College student, it is my duty to get the best grades I can. I am also working toward graduating with a major in Computer Science (Computer Game and Animation Design) in 2028. I chose this degree because I have been making video games since I was 10, and I enjoy the process. 

In 2025, I plan to begin looking for an internship at a video game development studio so that I can meet like-minded individuals in my career field and gain hands-on experience, which will benefit my future career. I intend to continue on this path after graduating around 2028-2029; my end goal is to become a lead designer, at the very least.


I also want to spend time with my family, especially my nieces, Laykin and Blakely, and my nephew, Asher, because they are getting older, and I want to spend time with them before they become more distant, as I have become with my own aunts and uncles. 

Once I begin my career, I would like to start a family around 2030–2032 because family is a great motivation for working harder and striving to advance in my career. With my family, I hope to visit New York City because, as my mother always says, “Everyone needs to visit once.” My current partner also wishes to visit NYC one day.


As for more immediate bucket list items, I plan to attend and compete in the SAU Game Jam on October 5th, as I plan to work with people in my major to create my first big game jam project.

No comments:

Post a Comment